Wednesday, October 1, 2008

A Song of Sorts for Dusty Rose

----------------------------------------------------------------------


A Song of Sorts For Dusty Rose

slip a smooth stone in my pocket
blood worm incantation
mama, even the night can't take us

I know who you are
moon breath
begging womb
16th street
buckling knees

let's talk until the sun chases us down
our ribs bruised from
little sleep and no food
the highway craves
fresh bladder on its weeds
dirty rock n' roll 'till morning
tell me what you grieve

I have an apple we can bury in the redwoods
paper for our filthy mouths
sillygirl, there are no rules
my shoes got lost in ocean
let's write a novel
and I will wash your feet

look, it is 6am and we're still laughing
what do you want
what have you always wanted
I will slip into moonlight
lets invent a way to say love
that doesn't use words



.
.
.
.
.
.

No comments: