Saturday, September 13, 2008

+ Insomnia

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Sometimes my text messages are poetry. My recent favorites from the past few days:

From: Dusty Rose
Let us live in the pith.
Between the rise and the
foam let us live always
inside the crashing wave.
Let's climb fences, peek
under the concrete,
breathe dirt.

From: Raashan A.
I'm where the moon
meets the sky and
reception is choppy... talk tomorrow?

From: Rolando B.
It's all phone

(which he later told me is his way of saying "its all good!" Ha!)

From: Jme
What's wrong with us? How
is this our lives? How is
this where we live? It's
not enough. It's like an
encore channeling the
dead.

From: Baraka
how are you healing: star
sister?

& there were more I deleted because my inbox got too full. I should really start writing them down and steal them!

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, watch out what you say to me, I might post it in my blog if its amusing enough!

me: hell yeah! I mean, if you are not on tour forever
raashan: or if your not.
me: i'm not on tour, im just hanging out and doing some small little shows
4:27 AM poets don't have the same touring lives as rappers
only a select few
raashan: life tour. you travel homegirl.
me: life tour!
raashan: seems like youv'e been running.
me: that is my new anthem
raashan: get a t-shirt made!
me: adventuring is the term I like to use
for real!
good idea
4:28 AM I'll get one for you too on some super exclusive ish
raashan: yes!
it should have all your dates on the back.
4:29 AM and one of those model non model shots of you staring at me with those "passionate" eyes. haha
me: and all the dates will be, "wherever the wind takes me" or something cheesy and vague like that
hahahahahaha!!!!
raashan: life tour!
me: oh I'm soooo on it
4:30 AM raashan: wow. I use "wherever the wind takes me" all the time...im cheesy.
me:i use it too, but it takes on another level of cheese when its on the back of a shirt that says "life tour"
raashan: word.

----------------------------------------------------------------------


Last night I watched the sun come up over far-off conversation with a new friend on the road. Today my brain is slow moving. But no time for this blog thing, shower time! I really gotta get out of here! I'm late!

.
.
.
.
.

No comments: