Friday, September 19, 2008

+ Midday E-Poems


----------------------------------------------------------------------

Ohgod ohgod ohgod my 15 year old cousin is a freakin' genius. She is practicing a song for her show tonight on the living room floor and I am am floored, I am floored, I am floored! Wait until you hear about the Meissner Sisters- yeow!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, some midday E-poems from The Dust to me and back:


To Mama (Caitlin)
From Dusty Rose:

stood at work today, sleeping day nightmares
vague shadows for legs
thinking foolish thoughts

i miss mama
but she's not even gone yet
i left for work
its only 10am

missed you prematurely
can i talk to you from the stage
think you some love into the mic
what poem would your ears miss
what words shall i give the air
to whisper you through the weekend

i'm just a fool's fool
but i miss you like home

can i hold my roots in your hand?
only for a while...

--

To Dusty Rose
From Caitlin (Mama)

put it into the air, my Dusty Rose
your words will tangle in my hair
ache that tugs the heart
ring in the ears
I told you, mama, we've
always been and here we be

i carry you under my tongue
for sleepless nights
when day creeps under my ribcage
a lantern burn
a no, not yet
a sad song, too sad to sing
a desert mind
a promise ring

just three days, but i know,
i do, roses red and violets blue
i'm outta words
but i miss you too!

.
.
.
.
.

No comments: